Thursday, October 22, 2009

21/10/2009 We Are Rebuilding - At Last!

Michael our builder has been saying "two weeks" for about 8 weeks or thereabouts, so when he said on Monday that they'd probably start on Wedesday, frankly I didn't really expect anything to happen.

Barking dogs finally got through to my brain which was focused on actually trying to earn an honest day's dollar with IBM, so I walked up to the home paddock to see what they were carrying on about. To my surprise there was movement at the station and the boys from Edgebuild were sliding from the tray ... they weren't really but everyone is allowed a bit of doggerel now and then.

Actually they'd set out the levels and were painting in guides for the excavator who was going to start in the morning which meant I had to remove the swimming pool.

Well it's now 01:12 and I've done 99% of the job - the rest can wait until sparrow's. I'm going to finish this beer and try for 4-5 hours sleep. The excavator with enormous machine arrived on Wed afternoon and is starting work at 07:00 so I have to get cracking before then!

It's been a busy and tiring day but what a ripper! The other good thing is that my second client has committed!

Bed beckons - and I'm already asleep - Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment